If you’re looking into veganism, new to it, or old to it, The Best Vegan 101 Beginner Guide is the right guide for more information. Transitioning to veganism can be a tricky road with many pathways. During my transition, I had so many questions and needed answers. I didn’t know where to start. I became addicted to researching, watching, and studying anything I could get my hands on about the subject.
After absorbing tons of information like an infosponge, I realized that other people are also in the same situation that I was in. They wanted better health, but they didn’t know where to start. I decided to compile a list together of all my favorite resources to help others have a smoother transition. Subscribe or bookmark these to keep getting more information.
Top 3 Important First-Time Vegan Videos & Documentaries
- How to go vegan overnight by The Vegan Activist
- Complete guide to eating vegan by The Vegan Activist
- Non graphic, 35 minute speech by Bite size Vegan
- Important starter documentaries to watch (You can find them on Netflix).
– Earthlings (Graphic), Cowspiracy, Forks over knives.
Top 4 Important Videos of How Going Vegan Transforms Your Body
- How Your Body Transforms On a Vegan Diet: Part 1 | Part 2
- How to Prevent Deficiencies on a Vegan Diet
- Watch out for oils when you’re cooking
- Whole food Vegan transition guide
- Bonus: Very helpful videos by Mic the Vegan
Important Vegan Phone Apps
- Happycow (Helps you find restaurants with vegan/plant-based options)
- Is it vegan (Helps you read ingredients on labels at the store to see if the item is vegan)
- Vegaholic (Helps you find vegan alcoholic beverages)
- Veganxpress (Helps you find vegan/plant-based options from chain restaurants)
- Cruelty-cutter (Helps you find household cleaners and beauty products! Note: When items show up in red, it means they aren’t vegan)
Vegan Meal Prep Recipes & Ideas
- Yummy meals easy to hand make (also includes gluten-free meals)
- In-Depth meals for more hands on
- Cheap lazy vegan meal prep
More of My Favorite Vegan Youtubers
- Bite Sized Vegan
- Rachel Ama
- Vegan But Lazy
- Sarah’s Vegan Kitchen
- Plant Based Gabriel
- Cheap Lazy Vegan
- The Happy Pear
- The Vegan Corner
- Edgy Veg
- Ellen Fisher
- Shine with Plants
Some of My Favorite Vegan Starter Essentials
- Natural Fresh Spearmint Alcohol Free Mouthwash | Mouthwash(Spearmint)
- Toothpaste(Mint) | Toothpaste(wintergreen)
- Protein shake(Chocolate) | Protein shake(Vanilla)
- Probiotics (Search probiotics & use code MROAPRIL15 for 15% off).
- B12: Mary Ruth’s Organics B12 spray or B12+D3 gummies (Search B12 & use code MROAPRIL15 for 15% off).
- Digestion aids: Digestive Enzyme Supplements (Search Digestive Food Enzymes (60 Count) & use code MROAPRIL15 for 15% off).
- Vegan Ranch: Hidden Valley Original Plant Powered Ranch Dressing, Spicy Plant Powered Dairy Free Ranch Dressing (Very spicy, btw… lol)
- Vegan Mayo: Hellmanns mayo
Do you know about Cronometer? It’s a free app that allows you to log your meals and track all your macro and micronutrients in order to cut your weight in half. Health professionals can also use CronometerPRO to help their clients track and manage their diets which is awesome if you’re working with a nutritionist or dietitian.
It’s very important that you make sure you’re getting the proper vitamins and minerals for your body. Supplements are very good to have on hand to ensure that you are not missing anything your body needs. 🙂 Not feeling full after meals? This means you need to add more fiber to your meals. Fiber helps you feel full. Here’s a list of fruits and veggies that contain fiber.
B12: It is recommended that your daily intake of B12 is 2.4 mcg. Pregnant women should have 2.6 mcg and lactating women should have 2.8 mcg of B12. You CAN overdo B12 WHILE pregnant.
Taking too much B12 while pregnant can cause health development issues with your baby while in the womb. It is very important that you receive enough B12 while breastfeeding. If your B12 deficiency is left untreated, your baby could start becoming deficient as well and it will start causing permanent brain development issues and damage.
B12 is a water-soluble supplement, which means that when you are not pregnant, and the body takes in too much B12, you usually excrete it in urine. While pregnant, if you take too much B12 – it will pass through you, then your baby, then your urine. Read more about B12 here.
Please share The Best Vegan 101 Beginner Guide (Recommended) with a friend that needs it! The Best Vegan 101 Beginner Guide is packed full of information and compiled specifically for new vegans. 🙂
Save this one now on Pinterest! 🙂
- Thrive Market is very unique and has special sections for special diets. You will even find items that your local stores may have discontinued or don’t have available. (I even found my favorite salad dressing on Thrive Market!! I thought it was discontinued!)
- Thrive Market has fast shipping!
- They sell amazing food and organic bath and beauty products that are cruelty-free, GMO-free, and biodegradable.
I have been vegan for over 7 years and it has helped me so much! If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via social media or by using my contact form. 🙂